Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Ta-Da! The Final Version of Our Digital Story!

Below is Meghan and my Digital Story! We created a digital story about the Plant Life Cycle. Meghan and I worked together by using Google Docs. Sitting at home, miles apart, we were both able to add to the template, very cool! We used PhotoStory 3 to create the video and worked through many images, text, and music choices before coming to this final version. We are proud of what we accomplished, especially since we did not know how to create a digital story 2 months ago!

Within the classroom, I plan to use the digital story to introduce students to the Plant Unit. Knowing we wanted to use the video in this way, Meghan and I knew vocabulary would be an important part of our digital story. We also wanted to introduce students to the learning experiences they would take part in, what they would learn and be able to do by the end of the unit. At the end of the unit, we wanted to use the digital story again to review what students learned. I am very excited to use this digital story to "hook" my students as we begin a new science unit! This a video I will be able to use year after year with my students! Enjoy!



Here is the link to see the video in YouTube.

CT Core Science Framework:

  • The life cycles of flowering plants include seed germination, growth, flowering, pollination and seed dispersal.
NETS for Teachers #1, 2, 3, 4
  • 2.2 - Plants change their forms as part of their life cycles.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to let you know I shared the earlier draft with a teacher in my educational research course who is doing a project on community gardens Well, it ends up her daughter is in your class. What a coincidence.

    ReplyDelete