Friday, May 4, 2012

Final Thoughts...

Technology is the KEY to Motivation!

As the course comes to an end I am amazed by the amount of new knowledge I have gained. Many courses so far have built upon undergrad work or professional develop. However, I can came to this class with very little background knowledge. I had heard of blogging, twitter, and skype but never used any of them.

I am leaving this class with a new bag of tricks overflowing with technology options to use with my students. It was exciting to see the reaction from my students when I introduced the projects and "tip of the technology iceberg" into the classroom. It is obvious that students are extremely motivated by working with technology. Using web based tools for students to share or show their learning is much more captivating that a paper and pencil. I also learned the importance educating my students about digital citizenship and incorporating NETS for both myself and students within lessons.

It was without a doubt overwhelming at times but going from Google to Storybird, Wiki, Diigo, VoiceThread, and Voki in 8 weeks will do that to person! As Meghan said to me after the first week, "Diigo, Wikispaces, and Voki...Oh My!" ;)

(I created this Tagxedo using my blog as the webpage, awesome!!)

4 comments:

  1. I love this. It can out so good!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great visual representation of all we did in the past eight weeks! Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks girls! It was very cool to use my blog to create it. I did "reload" it numerous, like 20, times to get words I liked. You should give it a try!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome tagxedo! Great words to describe the class. Even though it was frustrating and overwhelming at times, the bag of tricks we have is worth it at the end. Love the image of the key!

    ReplyDelete