Friday, May 4, 2012

Literacy Project

Below is the Literacy Project I created with my students. Using VoiceThread, we created a digital book using alliteration. Students loved using the technology and began reflecting on themselves reading their page. Students would comment, "too quiet" or "too fast". It started critical thinking and great conversations about fluency and reading for an audience. This was an aspect I did not even envision when I began the project. Students also loved viewing the video. We were able to share it with families on "Bring Your Parents to School Day" and many families wanted the link to share with more family and friends. I will definitely continue to use VoiceThread with my students this year and in the future. Enjoy!



To view it within VoiceThread, click here.

2 comments:

  1. I loved your digital literacy project! It is a great project to share with the parents.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this literacy project. Each year I think about having some of my Kindergarteners create their own alphabet books. It would be so much fun to create one together and then put it together on VoiceThread. (A project for next year) Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete